Sunday, June 20, 2010

Keep Growing & A Bow Tutorial

gcd tutorial card 1

gcdtutorial card2

Bow Tutorial
tutorial1
1. Pick out your ribbon, any size, any width.
You will want at least 2 yards.

tutorial3
2. Loop your ribbon back and forth 4 times, pinching in the middle.

tutorial2
3. Turn your ribbon, cut a smaller piece to tie in the middle.

tutorial4
4. Tie off your bow tightly with your smaller piece of ribbon.


We are gaga over bows at g.c.d. facebook! I have a special place for ribbon in my heart. A slight obsession would best describe it. I just cannot pass up a spool of ribbon. Each spool of ribbon has it's own personality, but once you tie it into a beautiful bow it takes on another dimension. I thought I would come up with a new fun way to tie a beautiful bow, and share how to create it in a step by step tutorial. Also here is a card I created using all fantabulous g.c.d products and my new bow.

Thanks for all your sweet comments!

Photobucket


9 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Laura that bow is so fun! I'm going to have to try that one!

Joke said...

Hi Laura!

What a lovely bow.
I have to try it too!

Hugs from Holland,
Joke.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Laura..

Your Bow is simply `Gorgeous` Gotta love all your Bows!!!You are the
`Queen Bow Tyer`!!!

Have a fab week:)xxx

Stacey Schafer said...

great card, bow and tutorial, Laura! i've done this type of bow on gift-wrapped packages before, but not too often on my cards...why not?

Gisèle said...

wow, how easy is that?? thanks:-))

cnelson said...

This is gorgeous and I definitely am going to try your bow technique! Thanks so much for the tutorial!!

Jessica Theodore said...

Hi Laura, sweet card and thanks for sharing your bow technique! will be trying it out soon xx

Kay said...

The colors on your card popped off my computer screen! SO pretty!! I truly love, love, love it!! Thank you for the wonderful bow tutorial. I like all the loops!!! ♥♥ Kay

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your new bow! It is so elegant and full. Gorgeous GCD card, too. Love those colors.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS