Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Laura's Lasagna

Happy Tuesday Everyone! All of my friends and family know my love for food. I just love to eat yummy foods. Thanksgiving this year my soon to be brother in law said, "seconds, your going for seconds!, man your a bottomless pit. " and I replied "that is what the gym is for":) One of my many hobbies is creating my own recipes. Today I will share one of my family's all time favorites, my Lasagna. I hope you all enjoy.

Laura's Lasagna

1 box of lasagna noodles
1 lb. of italian sausage sweet or spicy (I use Whole Foods spicy chicken italian sausage)
1 large tub of ricotta cheese
3 large fresh balls of mozzarella, sliced
1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
A large bunch of fresh basil, julienned
2 jars of tomato sauce (I use Classico brand)
Salt & pepper, to taste


In a large pot boil water, add noodles let cook to al dente.
In a large bowl mix ricotta, parmesan, basil, and salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
Remove casings from sausage and crumble until meat is cooked throughly.

In a large pyrex lasagna dish start layering your lasagna. Noodles first, ricotta cheese mixture second, then mozzarella slices, last the sauce and meat. Repeat until all the ingredients are gone. Make sure you end with tomato sauce on top. You can sprinkle the top with extra parmesan. Bake uncovered at 425-450 for 45min, or until brown and bubbly. Serve with crusty baguette bread and a big green yummy salad.
Enjoy:)

Laura


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously this is THE yummiest Lasagna ever. I make it all the time -even my family, scattered all over the world - knows about Laura's Lasagna!
Thanks for sharing your recipe - now about your Bon-Bon Recipe :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS